Login

Who's Online

• No Users Online
  • Currently 33 guests online
      • No Members in Chat

Latest Forums

No posts to display.

Quick Chat

Kristopher B: I’ve recently tried this product but quickly decide to write this review because I know this is exactly what you are looking for your ghostsnhaunts.com
    Elisha White: Build unlimited number of Backlinks and increase Traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.
    Tawnya Mcder: Monkey Digital Team
    Emily Tivey: - visitors from social media
    everex5: Yawn
View archive

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Can you decipher this EVP?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can you decipher this EVP?

Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #1

• steelreality
  • Senior Boarder
  • Energy Healer - Intuitive - Sensitive - Spirit Transference

I was on personal investigation on Sept. 1st at a local cemetery that dates back to the early 1800's and has had many paranormal reports. I received this EVP while the recorder was sitting on the tailgate of the truck and no one was around. My husband and I were walking the back of the cemetery at the time and the truck was parked at the front entrance.

Can anyone tell what the voice is saying? I cleaned it up a bit with the Audacity software, but it is still too faint for me to understand the words.

And just to let you know - there are photos of spirit energy from this investigation in an album under my profile. Check them out!

EXPERIENCES:

Since it was late in the evening and no one else was out there, we left the keys in the ignition of the truck so as not to have them fall out of a pocket while walking in the dark. When we got back to the vehicle, the keys were gone. We searched for 15 minutes finally finding them inside a metal camera box in the back seat. This EVP was captured diring that same time frame. VERY ODD!

During one photo op, the camera malfunctioned and would not activate (has never happened before), and my husband looked through the view finder at me and saw a man stepping out from behind a tree directly behind me. He called to me and pointed, but when I turned around the figure was gone. We searched the premesis, but found no one lurking in the dark.
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by crystalcross.

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #2

• Lucas
  • Expert Boarder
  • Paranormal investigator, archaeologist
well it is very interesting to me.... sounds like it is said 'all night' or something... and I'm hearing breathing trough whole evp... especially at the end (inhale/exhale)... but I have one question: are there maybe some germans buried? cuz that 'all night' phrase truth to be told sounds to me more like german 'oh nein'... that was my first thought actualy...
“Ghosts have a way of misleading you; they can make your thoughts as heavy as branches after a storm.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelreality

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #3

• steelreality
  • Senior Boarder
The cemetery dates back to 1800 and is reported to have been primarily a slave cemetery. Although there are headstones that date all the way up to 2006 where generations of the original families have kept with burial place and tradition.

It is said that there were several hangings performed on the old oak tress that still still stand there today. Legend has it that the individuals that were hanged, were buried in shallow unmarked graves under the hanging trees. Basically they were buried where they fell. You definitely feel their sadness when you are there. I try to put out a sympathetic and consoling energy just to let them know I sincerely care about their struggles.. I always get the feeling of a deep appreciation back....almost to the point of tears.

So, to answer your question, I do not know for sure if there are any people with a German heritage buried there. I would assume that most would speak English with a poor southern American dialect.

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #4

• Moonie
  • Senior Boarder
I do hear the inhale/exhale at the end that Lucus is talking about. However the voice at the beginning to me says something else entirely from what he heard. I am hearing 'over there somewhere ' .

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #5

• crystalcross
  • I'm not monkeying around here!
  • Honor Medal 2009
Well, interesting EVP. The high frequency whistle was very annoying however. So I did some processing on the file. First I did an analysis and found that the annoying tone was at a median frequency of 3100 Hz with a width of about 80 hz +/-.

I then applied a notch filter at 3100hz with a Q value of about 4. This is a fairly narrow notch filter. That almost completely removed that tone from what sounds to be insects leaving everything else.

Then I applied a noise removal to get rid of some of the background and wind noise.

Finally what was left I amplified a few times to really bring out the voice within the recording.

I listed to it a few times and realized that the vocal patterns sound backwards. The way the attack is slow and the fade abrupt is generally a pattern of reverse speech. So I copied a version of the same audio onto the sound track except in reverse and it sounds much more like a voice. To me the reversed version says "I still love you..."

Listen to the file first forward, then backwards in this recording.

Providing Support for Paranormal Teams
Ghosts & Haunts Community - - Unification of Efforts

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #6

• steelreality
  • Senior Boarder
I have listened to this EVP a million times. What I am hearing at the beginning is:

"They don't know when to stop"

OR

"They bought me when we stopped"

Listen again....does any of that sound plausible?

Either of these phrases would sure fit with the attitude of the times that some of thses people passed.

Then I hear the definite inhale and exhale breath at the end.

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #7

• steelreality
  • Senior Boarder
Very interesting, CC. The annoying whistle, by the way, is the sound of crickets. I'm in Florida and being summertime, the crickets get very loud at night. The cemetery is out in the middle of nowhere. Just a long dirt path leading to a few fenced in acres of graveyard, that sadly has been long forgotten for most.

It is very quiet, but with those crickets, the silence can be deafening for EVPs.

Thank you for working on the file. Very interesting indeed. Is it common to have reversed speech in these cases? This would be the first one for me in that manner.

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #8

• steelreality
  • Senior Boarder
crystalcross wrote:
Well, interesting EVP. The high frequency whistle was very annoying however. So I did some processing on the file. First I did an analysis and found that the annoying tone was at a median frequency of 3100 Hz with a width of about 80 hz +/-.

I then applied a notch filter at 3100hz with a Q value of about 4. This is a fairly narrow notch filter. That almost completely removed that tone from what sounds to be insects leaving everything else.

Then I applied a noise removal to get rid of some of the background and wind noise.

Finally what was left I amplified a few times to really bring out the voice within the recording.

I listed to it a few times and realized that the vocal patterns sound backwards. The way the attack is slow and the fade abrupt is generally a pattern of reverse speech. So I copied a version of the same audio onto the sound track except in reverse and it sounds much more like a voice. To me the reversed version says "I still love you..."

Listen to the file first forward, then backwards in this recording.

~I was listening to this altered file you prepared and with the pitch change, it makes it sound like "This stuff won't stop" played in forward. The one in reverse does sound similar to "still love you", but it still has that weird 'play a record backwards' sound.

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #9

• Moonie
  • Senior Boarder
Nice work CC
Definately sounds clearer. With the noise removed and the amplification, it sounds first like 'some move past'
And the reverse sounds like 'stop the truck'

Re: Can you decipher this EVP? 7 years, 2 months ago #10

• crystalcross
  • I'm not monkeying around here!
  • Honor Medal 2009
I figured it was crickets or some form of insect. I also live in FL (across the state from you) so I know only too well about those pesky noises.

As for the backwards recording. There are many theories about that, one of which being that since spirits have not real sense of time its possible for them to be traveling in reverse. After all remember in a true EVP its not the actual audio we're hearing but the spirits manifesting on the recording device when there was no real sound at the time of recording.

Also a theory that the spirits are manipulating the microphone. And yet another that we're actually recording the audio that was present during recording but at an extremely low level.

I'm not here to really judge which theories are "True" and which are not. But simply to help bring forward the possibilities.
Providing Support for Paranormal Teams
Ghosts & Haunts Community - - Unification of Efforts
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Protected by R Antispam