Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by osty
I agree also. I like it hear because I feel everyone is aware that we all have different techniques and styles of investigation. Nobody seems to take offense of the fact that some of us dislike some equipment. Makes for a very great discussions!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Amanda_O
I just joined but I do like it. Doesn't seem to be as stressful as I have found some sites. I like the way that things can be openly stated but done tastefully. I thought it was interesting when it asks if you are a sensitive...neat huh?

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by mistressmyra
There's a reason I joined this site over all the other ones out there.

I had been reading the forums long before I joined.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

tyrstag wrote: I wasn't intending to be disrespectful. My point really was that there are so many so called experts, or self proclaimed experts, but most of them have no more knowledge or experience than I do. I don't call myself an expert and I honestly believe that there aren't any TRUE experts in this field.

Either no one is an expert or everyone is, take your pick. ;)

I agree Pete. I spent many years in the church and learned that the ones with the titles deserve little to no respect. The sincere ones got my respect, not because of the title, but because they were sincere.

When it comes to the other side [paranormal], I believe that experience comes from being self guided. We have an intuition [everyone does] that guides us and will give us the experience that books and technology can never give us. That's why I laugh at the self and follower proclaimed "experts" because when they get their knowledge from books and technology, they really are experts at the knowledge of nothing.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Amanda_O
[/quote]I would have to respectfully disagree about being disrespectful to those, say; who are on TV. Firstly, respect is earned. When your show is for ratings and drama, not to mention the fact that they don't have respect for those spirits that they are supposedly investigating; respect is undeserved. I see people like this the way I do a used car salesman; a lot of talk with nothing to back it up. Their intentions are more about themselves.[/quote]
I have to agree with you on this. I mean I like shows that do recreations..you know I take it as an interesting ghost story and I don't take it seriously. BUT for those investigative shows that romp and tramp through things, have no respect and call themselves demon hunters when they squeal like little girls if they even think they hear something...sorry but no respect coming from me.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

crystalcross wrote:

tyrstag wrote: I wish I had a nickel for every REAL "Paranormal Expert" I've met. I'd have exactly $0. . .

The whole premise behind this site is to allow EVERYONE to share information. To make sure that the person sitting in his back yard listening to the voices in the wind has the same voice as the scholar who has been in the field for 50 years. That's not to say that we should not respect the opinion of those who have devoted their lives to the field. But at the same time it should not devaluate what John Q. Public has to say or add.

But in the same breath, lets not be disrespectful to other investigators. Whether they're on TV, off TV, or on the street with a sign saying "The end is near...".

That's what I love about this site CC; that everyone is on the same playing field and I think you're an important voice to bring that message across.

I would have to respectfully disagree about being disrespectful to those, say; who are on TV. Firstly, respect is earned. When your show is for ratings and drama, not to mention the fact that they don't have respect for those spirits that they are supposedly investigating; respect is undeserved. I see people like this the way I do a used car salesman; a lot of talk with nothing to back it up. Their intentions are more about themselves.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by mistressmyra
I wasn't intending to be disrespectful. My point really was that there are so many so called experts, or self proclaimed experts, but most of them have no more knowledge or experience than I do. I don't call myself an expert and I honestly believe that there aren't any TRUE experts in this field.

Either no one is an expert or everyone is, take your pick. ;)

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by crystalcross

tyrstag wrote: I wish I had a nickel for every REAL "Paranormal Expert" I've met. I'd have exactly $0. . .

Just remember, this is not an exact science. Paranormal research regardless of what you may hear from some avenues, is still a work in progress. I don't think anyone can or should go to one individual as the source of concrete information, mostly because in the mere act of doing so you limit yourself from formulating your own theories and thus advancing the field.

The whole premise behind this site is to allow EVERYONE to share information. To make sure that the person sitting in his back yard listening to the voices in the wind has the same voice as the scholar who has been in the field for 50 years. That's not to say that we should not respect the opinion of those who have devoted their lives to the field. But at the same time it should not devaluate what John Q. Public has to say or add.

But in the same breath, lets not be disrespectful to other investigators. Whether they're on TV, off TV, or on the street with a sign saying "The end is near...".

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by mistressmyra
I wish I had a nickel for every REAL "Paranormal Expert" I've met. I'd have exactly $0. . .

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by Amanda_O
LOL..I never implied that it did. I am saying its a good way to study something long term..sort f like looking at the plague in London from today's perspective..you never fail to see something new.

Time to create page: 0.749 seconds

Features